Just started exploring Zoho Writer and Google Docs. I now understand why we are looking at accounts for our students in Google Docs. As a language arts teacher I love the idea of being able to collaborate on our work. More to come as I explore the possibilities.
Next year each of my students will have an Acer notebook loaded with the kinds of applications we are exploring via the internet. Will be exciting and a little scary at the same time. So much changing, so much potential! Good morning, I am sitting in Apalachicola, Florida experimenting with Google Docs. I know my school district is looking at using Google Docs with our students.
It is possible we might be piloting it before the end of the year. I believe I understand how it works, but actually using it will be the test. Later. I can see how Google Docs would be a great tool for student use. I hope to be using it by the end of the school year. I now understand why our tech department was looking at how to set up student accounts. What a great way for students to collaborate on a project. So much of our new World History program is collaborative work, I can see the students loving using google docs to exchange ideas and come up with a final project to present. The revision history will be extremely helpful in all of my classes, especially Language Arts. Now I need to find a way to get this to my blog.
Look out Microsoft. My students will love this!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment