Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Thing 9 Wiki

One year ago I was introduced to wiki. I set up a simple wiki for my 7th grade class, but kept getting a message asking if everyone using the wiki was over 18. I stopped using the wiki. Once again after exploring all the wiki sites I am very excited about trying a wiki. I am also very anxious about everyone having access. I'd like to have more control to access to the site, but will still try using one yet this school year.
After visiting the many sites I have a number of ideas for my classroom:

Literature groups wiki
Daily or weekly questions for world history wiki
Author's craft wiki posting examples of literary devices used in novels.
World history figures from Greece and Rome biographies
Mythology wiki on the gods and goddesses and connections to current time
Study guides created in student teams for world history
Word study with Latin and Greek root words
Traveloque for students on vacation
Writing ongoing stories with current vocabulary

I am really excited about trying the wiki again, I am sure I will find a way to deal with my "control" issues concern.

1 comment:

  1. You have some great ideas here for ways to use the Wiki in the classroom, but I also echo your concerns about control. I wish you the best as you try to find a Wiki that works well for your classroom and that doesn't take all your time to try and monitor.

    ReplyDelete