Thursday, April 9, 2009
Thing 12 LibraryThing, Knowtes, Trailfire
I looked at Knowtes, Trailfire, and LibraryThing. I created a LibraryThing account and spent some time adding books, looking at reviews and chat groups. I love books and love to read so this was a great site. Easy to use and connect to new books and new people. My 7th grade students are avid readers and talking about their books all the time. I would love to see each of them have a LibraryThing account to write and share reviews as well as to introduce them to more books. Very EASY to use! I liked Knowtes and went through several decks of note cards for Spanish, root words, etc. I see it as a tool I could use for my students or better yet, they could create the note cards for study purposes. Once again I wonder how we would manage all the accounts they could create. I have used delicious.com to organize websites, but I'm not sure that is the answer for me. Trailfire was interesting as well. I could set up a trail of websites to study certain topics. Students could do the same as we do our research reports. So many ideas . . . so little time! Time is always the issue.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment