Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Thing 15 Podcasts

I was real excited doing the podcast exploring for thing 14, but for thing 15 I discovered some things about podcasts that I don't care for. The educational site for podcasts has a disclaimer that they can not guarantee the content of the podcasts. I went exploring for a podcast on Japan. Found one but was greeted by inappropriate language for 7th graders. I enjoyed the podcast, but couldn't use it in my classroom. That happened several times, so I will return to the podcasts I found in thing 14.

We have had students create podcasts as well as teachers. As for me, I am considering having the students make their own podcasts reviews of different topics in my world history class. Possibly a podcast simile, metaphor, personification song we have been working on as a review.

My school is very supportive of teachers exploring web 2.0 possibilities. I am very fortunate to work in a school system that utilizes technology every day.

1 comment:

  1. Your ideas for world history podcasts sound great. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete